Welcome to the advanced digital maker group.
admg is a specialist IT consultancy, set up to bring the latest from the world of 3D printing and ‘maker’ technology to your business, projects in art and industry.
We couple an extensive understanding of the 3D printing industry with a love of prototyping complex systems using basic open source building blocks as found in many ‘Maker’ projects, such as Arduino microcontrollers, Raspberry Pi computers and other powerful low, cost electronics. Our quick fix solutions have seen active service in high uptime environments such as Sky’s broadcast chain!
If you have an idea, we can help make it real.
Principal consultant Alex Gibson has been involved in 3D printing since 2011, and an independent 3D printing consultant since 2013.
Alex draws upon extensive experience from support and project management roles in the worlds of broadcasting and high availability computing, and brings high expectations for delivery and support-ability to even the most bleeding edge project.
More recently from 2014-15 Alex established the Service and Support function for MakerBot 3D printers in the UK and Ireland, training all UK dealers and establishing robust processes to support customers with MakerBot’s advanced 5th Generation 3D printers to UK and European standards of service.
Alex is also the Managing Director of Edumaker, a company founded to build the ideal FDM 3D printer for users in education and bureau services.
> Tweet @alexgibson3D
We have an extensive network of talented software engineers, hardware hackers, CAD designers, CAM operators, resistant materials specialists and mixed media artists available to call at short notice.
We are enabled by membership of the following organisations:
> rLab – Reading’s MakerSpace
> Thames Valley RepRap Users Group – one of the world’s largest non proprietary 3d printer build groups, enabling individuals to build 3D printers since the beginning of the RepRap project
> 3d Hubs – connecting individuals with 3D print jobs to local makers
> Oxfordshire Raspberry Jam – founding member
> GROW @ Green Park – a co-working space with electronics lab facilities, plugged into the heart of the Thames Valley tech scene.
Accreditation and expertise
- PRINCE2 practitioner accredited
- Agile Project management training (DSDM, SCRUM experience)
- Kepner Tregoe Problem solving and decision making
- We are covered by Public Liability insurance to the £5 million level required by major institutions
- We will protect your intellectual property and confidentiality from day 1. We will discuss your ideas in confidence and are happy to provide a mutual Non Disclosure Agreement upon request.
- Our intellectual property is provided to customers on the basis of a licence agreement. This provides for any contingency affecting our ability to support customers in the long term.